Sunday, August 14, 2011

Update

So, computer slowness issues since that virus and a couple of busy weeks have prevented a post recently. A few updates to let everyone know that yes, I am in fact still living. Wipe that disappointed look off your faces.

The last couple weeks have included a weekend trip to Yellowstone (some photos to be added to this post later if my internet connection will cooperate long enough to upload them). If anyone reading this is headed to the park for a late-season trip, we saw almost no animals at all in the main part of the park. So if you're going, you may want to consider driving out the spurs to the west entrance/West Yellowstone and the east entrance/Cooke City. Literally everything we saw was out one of those two roads.

They've also included the county fair, which isn't as much fun when you've lost the will to drink heavily. On the other hand, my wife took Best in Show for her jalapeno pepper jelly and six blue ribbons for some of her photography.

Our cat that was pregnant had her kittens, four of them. Those pictures will also be up soon, again internet-not-being-a-douchelord permitting.

I've also decided, given that we're now officially into presidential election season after the Iowa straw poll that I'm going to do a little profile of all the Republican candidates. As I'm writing this, I've just learned that Pawlenty has already withdrawn, so I won't be doing a profile for him. Sorry if he was a candidate you liked, and to be honest, had I done one for him, it would in all likelihood have been more flattering (or at least, less harsh) than the ones you'll probably be reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment