Tuesday, July 26, 2011

If I ever meet the guy who dreamed up this little bastard...

...I'm going to cut off his balls and feed them to my dog.

Sunday, I was forced to spend almost nine hours trying to eliminate a particularly nasty virus/malware piece of shit that somehow made its way onto my computer. It's called "XP Antivirus 2012," and in addition to impersonating legitimate Windows alerts, it also hijacks Internet Explorer and Firefox (and, through conversations with friends, I've determined it can also apparently take over Chrome). The IE-hijack makes it particularly annoying because it took me over an hour and a half to find out how to get rid of it and then another two hours to get the only free malware removal program that actually can get rid of this damn thing.

If anyone reading this is unfortunate enough to pick this up, go immediately to YouTube and find instructions from a profile on there called ComputerFriends and save yourself hours of trying to search while internet use is hit-or-miss. One further word of advice; when I removed mine, it also disassociated .exe files in my Windows Registry and you'll have to fix that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment