Friday, June 10, 2011

Welcome... to my nightmare.

Welcome to this little corner of the Web. As I'm new at this, any readers, bear with me. I'm sure it will get better with time.

By way of introduction, my name is Jason. My wife and I have been married for nearly four years. I live in rural Montana, and in 2010, I graduated from law school, successfully passing the Bar that August. I've subsequently spent an agonizing ten months seeking employment (both in and out of the legal field) to no avail. My wife, fortunately, has found employment.

Which leaves me, for the majority of the past ten months, playing house husband. This blog will explore my adventures in unemployment and my attempts to keep the house functional (which should be increasingly entertaining now that my wife's work schedule necessitates that I either learn to cook dinner for myself or starve.) Because of my background, it's likely I'll also offer some views on current events, political issues, or legal issues; at any rate, I hope that this blog will remain a lighthearted attempt to make the most of a less than ideal situation, and one I hope will help any other not-by-choice house husbands who stumble across it with a little time for humor.

One disclaimer I have to offer (sorry, this is basic CYA, and because of my law license, I HAVE to say this.) In the event I do explore a legal issue, nothing said on this blog should be construed as legal advice. Ever. Under any circumstances. While I'm quite willing to speak in general ways about legal issues (helping to educate the public is a duty of the profession) and even to answer basic questions from any readers of this blog, I will do so only in a general manner to help give perspective to a legal issue. Please, if you have a genuine legal problem, seek competent representation or the assistance of a local self-help law center. I don't know your specific facts and will not offer you the kind of advice they can.

Now that the necessary business is out of the way, again welcome. If you have a topic you'd like me to discuss, from the lighthearted to the weighty, please feel free to offer suggestions -- I can't guarantee I'll take them up, but if something speaks to me, I'm all too happy to address it.

Enjoy the adventure of my continuing nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment